Important Points on Making a Good Resume
These are the important things that you need to include in your resume which are critical in our review and our employers' review:
- Work Experience: List your work experience in reverse chronological order which means you have to start with your most recent position and work your way backwards. Put emphasis on your main responsibilities. Complete job description and duties must be enumerated. This is critical in our review of your credentials.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have gaps between your work experiences, they must all be indicated. (ex. Sept 2010 - Jan 2011, unemployed because of family emergency)
- Educational Background: You should also list your educational background (from your highest educational attainment to elementary). Start from the most recent qualification. Pay attention to your internships for fresh graduates. You may leave irrelevant qualifications.
- Major Achievements, Certifications, Licensure, etc (if any): These can land you to your dream job. You should list them. Again your achievements should be relevant to what an employer is looking for.
- Language: List down the languages that you can speak. This is optional.
- Hobbies/Interests: These can help if you are a fresh graduate. Your employer can relate to these. This is also optional.
- References: Have a list of character references and their contact details like your former employer or professor.