- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years related experience
- Plans, administers and reviews the production activities of the underground mining operation to optimise resource use, minimise costs and maintain quality standards for Ma'aden. Reviews data such as maps, survey reports etc.
- Supervises the activities of assigned personnel at the Mah'd Ad' Dahab Mine. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority at the department head level as established by Management.
- Supervises the department's implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs. Attends and provides input to strategy and policy development and review meetings; ensures that the promotion of the company's policies and procedures in the underground mine is effective and monitors activities to ensure compliance. Participates in Incident Response and Command activities, reviews and comments on incident reports and carries out independent investigations of all accidents and near misses involving own staff or facilities. Ensures that all contractors/consultants are fully briefed on the Company's HSE regulations and signs accordingly during contract signing. Provides independent advice and comments on HSE issues to improve company programs
- Plans production schedules and labor and material input requirements to meet output quantity, quality and timing specifications. Includes liasing with Geology, Engineering and Mine Captain to ensure all relevant personnel are aware and understand productivity requirements. Directs the formulation of mining production strategies, policies and plans.
- Monitors production costs and adjusts processes and resources to minimise costs. Reports against budget variances and provides commentary for management review and action.
- Ensures conduct of plant maintenance programs and availability of parts and tooling to meet production deadlines.
- Controls the preparation of production records and reports for management review and action as necessary.
- Participates in the training of Saudi nationals who may be assigned to his department.
- Performs other similar or related duties such as re-searching new and improved methods and products for mine production, and overseeing the acquisition and installation of new machinery.
- Regular contacts at own level across all departments of Mah'd Ad' Dahab regarding underground mine requirement, productivity, safety, etc. Occasional contacts with external suppliers of resources.
- Determines work methods according to established policies and specialised professional standards. Accomplishments are subject to daily review.