- College graduate of culinary related course
- Minimum of 1 year of stable work history in a hands-on, high-volume restaurant environment.
- Knowledgeable on the current market trends, menu design and styles that are in line with industry standards
- Fast Learner, Flexible, Initiative and good Leadership skills
- Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in high pressured environment ensuring the food quality is consistent with the restaurant's standards.
- Must be able to speak clearly, listen attentively to employees, the management team and guests.
- Excellent Communication and Interaction Skills
- Sets up the mis-en-place station for the various meal periods according to performance standard.
- Collects food requisitions from the kitchen / commissary kitchen as directed. Breakdown work station at the end of meal periods & store the food away properly in the fridge to HACCAP standard.
- Prepares check & taste the food before the service.
- Examines filled tray for completeness & appearance, & store completed trays in refrigerated storage cabinets to be sent to dining room.
- Works in any station of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by Executive Chef / Head Chef / Sous Chef / Chef de Partie.
- Familiarizes all sections of the kitchen, so is able to cover all sections. Briefs the incoming shift.
- Maintains high levels of cleanliness in the kitchen at all time. Cleans and arrange working area before leaving. Maintain all kitchen equipment and plate wear.
- Completely understands and adheres to the Company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Maintains a good relationship with the rest of team & play an active part of the team by attending training sessions & meetings. Up hold company dress code & professional standards at all times.
- Maintains good working relationship with colleagues and all other departments. Maintain a high standard of personal appearance & hygiene at all times. Attend all meetings & training as required by the Management. Respond positively to changes in the department as and when necessary. Provide a courteous & professional service at all times.
- Minimizes waste of all food items. Reports if stock is low or item are missing.
For manpower pooling. Beware of illegal recruiters and traffickers.