- Graduate of Accountancy, Finance or related course.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Provides the engineering/financial expertise necessary o develop, maintain and administer approximately 50 contracts and amendments.
- Provides input on up to 200 related contract actions including actions required to administer, extend, renew or terminate the contracts.
- The value of individual contracts developed by an incumbent is often over $10 million and may exceed $50 million.
- Prepares financial studies that establish technical, financial and/or procedural/administrative feasibilities for contract services and evaluation of alternatives.
- Develops in conjunction with Contracting professional analyses and technical qualification of bidders.
- Develops the scope of work for various contract services.
- Develops professional presentations for Executive Management.
- Participates as the contract proponent representative on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms.
- Prepares or provides technical guidance for a professional analysis or development of bid responses, negotiation offers and counter offers.
- Prepares Company Estimates or works with the Company estimating functions in the preparation of Estimates.
- Prepares verifications of contractor cost and preparation of escalation or de-escalation amendments.
- Negotiates with contractors as part of a negotiating team comprised of Contracting and contract proponent representatives. Prepares responses and helps to represent the proponent on Claim Review Panels.
- Provides or assists in the provision of proponent representation in the administration of contracts and participates in the development of financial and technical advice on intent of wording, scopes of service, or other clauses that may impact cost and cost/benefit relationships.
- Provides justification and recommendations for changes in contracting procedure or contract format for management approval.
- Performs periodic examination of contract administration in the field in order to locate shortcomings or potential problems in the administrative procedures or contract terms and conditions.