- At least Trade course graduate
- Minimum 11 years experience
- Performs work direction to a group of machinist technicians generally in the range of from 2-4 personnel.
- Locates equipment faults and operating irregularities by making the necessary diagnostic tests, measurements and analyses. This may be done with equipment in place in the field or, if necessary, by stripping equipment down in field or shop. Determines nature of repairs to be made and replacement parts required.
- Performs necessary maintenance on assigned equipment, stripping down, replacing, fabricating or re-machining parts as required. Reassembles equipment, runs operating tests to ensure satisfactory repair.
- Performs high-skilled diagnostic and machinist tasks as required.
- Prepares new or altered installations on all types of mechanical equipment including foundation work, line-up, gear box, coupling and speed control settings, then test runs for acceptance.
- Sets, adjusts and performs maintenance on machine tool equipment and balancing machines.
- Provides general guidance and work direction for assigned crew members.
- Trains lower level Machinists as required.
- Performs any other job-related tasks.